Be the Church
Opportunities to Serve Organizations
Opportunities to serve will be posted here as needs arise!
The WAMA Food Pantry at 105 West Allegheny Road, Imperial, PA (warehouse behind Rite Aid) is in need of several individuals who have the ability to lift heavy items on Tuesdays and Wednesdays for food distribution days.
May distribution dates are:
Tuesday, May 12: 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Wednesday, May 13: 4:30 pm – 6:30 pm
Tuesday, May 26: 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Wednesday, May 27: 4:30 pm – 6:30 pm
Please call the Food Pantry at 724-695-1305 to let Food Pantry Coordinators (Tim Opfermann and Linda Stoner) know if you would like to help or to get further information.
Any donations or correspondence for the Food Pantry may be sent to:
WAMA Food Pantry
PO Box 527
Imperial, PA 15126
EAST END COOPERATIVE MINISTRY – FOOD PANTRY
Here’s what they need now:
- Bottled water
- Canned tomato sauce
- Spaghetti and macaroni pasta
- Instant mashed potatoes
- Canned soups
- Oatmeal and whole grain cereals
- Mac & cheese boxes
- White and brown rice
- Disposable utensils, plates and bowls
- Ziploc bags, any size
- Paper towels
Drop items off at the East End Cooperative Ministry (6140 Station Street) or Calvary Episcopal Church (315 Shady Avenue) Monday – Friday 9AM – 1 PM
INDIVIDUALS NEEDED FOR FOSTER CARE HELP IN ALLEGHENY COUNTY!
Family Connections, a program of Adoption Connection, PA (a faith-based, full-service, non-profit foster care and adoption agency in Beaver County) is seeking foster parents, respite families, and those available for emergency shelter calls in Allegheny County. There are also volunteer opportunities or holding a food or clothing drive for foster children.
If you would like more information on how you may become involved, contact Ginny Householder, Family Recruiter at 724-371-0671.
Opportunities to Serve Individuals
Opportunities to serve will be posted here as needs arise! Please click the “I Want To Help” button, if you are able to help with any of these needs:
- In need of a new bathroom sink as it is cracked in several places. Also someone to look at our basement to see if we need a french drain.
- Assistance is needed for a security deposit to obtain housing for a mother and baby
- Assistance is needed for a rebuilt car motor for a young woman who is currently out of work due to a work-related injury
- Assistance is needed with food, girls clothes size 3T & 7/8. Men’s shoes 10.5-11, Toiletries like toilet paper, soap, dish soap, deodorant, disinfectant spray, a TV and microwave were stolen
- Assistance is needed for supporting an individual with household tasks a few hours each week (laundry, changing bed, getting mail, cleaning out the refrigerator, loading dishwasher, straightening the kitchen, assistance with business calls if necessary, possibly run errands or take her to appointments using her car.). Hours, time, and salary negotiable.